Monday, October 13, 2014

Profile: G1 Citation #495600

Sears Special Run
#495600 Stablemate Assortment
1989



This lovely speckledy Citation is the first special run on this mold. Like some other models, this run sports the ambiguous Breyer splatter colour. This particular colour can be interpreted as flea-bitten grey, leopard appaloosa, and (if rather inaccurately) roan.

Nance Young notes the existence of two variations, one with a creamy white body and reddish spots, the other with a "light tan body" and brown spots.295 I'm really not sure which one I have as I wouldn't call her body any shade of tan, but her spots are decidedly brown. Hmm...

6 comments:

  1. I do have 2 quite different ones, Comparing the models in real life just now confirmed the different shades of them seen in the pictures on my Citation page https://sites.google.com/site/mystablemates/g1/citation , even though looking at the pictures, it may seem it is in the different shades of the pictures themselves. So one definitely has a darker, more "tannish" shade, while the other one is closer to white. Looking at the spots, I just think the darker undertone makes them look less reddish, as the mane and tail appear to be done with the same colour. I'd say you have the lighter version with the reddish spots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right about the body shading causing the spotting to look different, rather than being from different paint sources. I clearly have the lighter variation. L(

      Delete
  2. I have 3.
    http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m9/debcorbin/100_3855-1.jpg

    Deb W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool trio, Deb. Love the colour range!

      Delete
    2. Wow, it looks like there are more than two variations! Nice trio indeed!!

      Delete